Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Third month into Whole30-week1

I'm starting my third month on the Whole30. This week has totally zoomed by.
I have eaten a lot of salads later this week. I managed to take a few pics of a couple of egg scrambles from earlier in the week and some lettuce wraps.
I was busy  running a yard sale over the weekend so my meals were super quick, usually some sort of egg scramble. One night  I simply  steamed a bag of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower and  sautéed a tilapia filet, seasoned with salt and pepper, quick, easy and yummy.
On tuesday I baked chicken breasts seasoned with curry powder . I had a pack of fresh turkey italian sausage that needed to either be frozen or cooked by today so I put those in the oven as well. I figured that way I have some already cooked protein for the week so I could add them to eggs, salads, soups or whatever I came up with during the week.


Here's week 1 recipes :-) Enjoy!

Chorizo, onion and egg scramble.

Onion, spinach, egg scramble.

Lettuce and tomato salad with lime juice. The crumbly stuff in the middle is a green plantain that I boiled and processed in a little food chopper, along with ground beef.

I warmed up leftover mixture of green plantain and ground beef and stuffed/rolled up two lettuce leaves with it.

Quick dinner: I baked some turkey sausages the other day and refrigerated them to use during the week. Today I sliced one up, sliced a tomato and some red bell pepper and rolled it up in lettuce leaves.

Till next time,
Have a happy healthy crunchy green day :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment