Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

#Whole30 month #4 Week #1

I have started my 4th month in a row of #Whole30.
Below are the meals I came up with this week.
Enjoy!

I cooked some beef chunks and then used the beef juice to cook some shredded zucchini and grated carrots. I made lettuce wraps with it.

Iceberg lettuce, spinach, vine ripe tomato, olives, left over beef shredded, drizzled with coconut oil, lime juice, salt an pepper

My version of a chocolate shake, the #Paleo way. It's got a frozen banana, a spoon full of 100% cocoa powder (no dairy, no sweeteners, just pure cocoa), a medium size kale leaf, a handful of spinach leaves. Filled halfway with PureAlmond unsweetened vanilla Silk almond milk (no sweeteners, no carrageenan). Always read your labels, there's almond and coconut milk out there that have carrageenan, added sugar etc, same goes for cocoa.I finished filling it up to the max Line with water, so as far as the liquid is concerned it was half water half almond milk.

Angus choice roast beef "sandwich".

Zucchini, yellow squash, ripe plantain topped with a drizzle of evoo and Italian seasonings. Roasted in the oven at 350 till done.

Thick meat sauce that I made for the kids' spaghetti. I'm reserving a bowl of it for myself so I can use it on my veggies and eggs etc. Meat sauce contains Ground beef, Italian seasonings, garlic, tomato sauce.

2 mushrooms, sliced, 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, 1 tomato, chopped, sautéed in olive oil. Added meat sauce at the end.

Morning cup of Java with unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Lettuce, tomato, almonds and meat sauce salad.

Scrambled eggs with meat sauce and ripe plantains, cooked in coconut oil. Spinach with lime juice and grapes.

Till next time,
Have a happy, healthy, crunchy green day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment