Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Making Mayo the easy way.


Since I'm on the Whole30/paleo diet I can't eat store-bought Mayo.  Most have added garbage in it so I decided to make my own.
Making your own Mayo is super easy. I made this batch with 1 cup of light tasting olive oil. You would want to buy the kind that says "light tasting" so that you don't end up with strong taste of olive oil in your Mayo. 
Pour 1 cup of the olive oil in a jar or whatever container you will use for blending.
Add 1 egg (at room temperature)
Squeeze in a half lemon. I just happened to have a lime instead so I used that.
A little bit of salt and blend away. 



I used my stick blender, which made the job super quick and easy to clean up.

I just kept blending till it got a thick and creamy consistency.




Here it is, nice and creamy.


I'll be using it on my veggies, as a dip or dressing and on my meats.
Enjoy!

Have a happy healthy crunchy green day! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment