Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Spinach banana chia smoothie #Paleo #Whole30

Spinach, banana, chia seeds, almond milk smoothie.

I felt like having a green smoothie tonight and this was the result. I made it very thick and creamy and it hit the spot. 
Used one Frozen cut up very ripe banana. I take the over ripe bananas, cut them up into individual sandwich baggies and freeze them. That way whenever I want a smoothie I just grab one Baggie = one banana.
This time I used enough frozen cut leaf spinach to fill the nutribullet. If you do not like a strong spinach taste just use less. I'm used to the taste of veggies in my green smoothies so used a lot of the green stuff :-)
The chia seeds went in next, a tablespoon's worth. Finally enough unsweetened almond milk to make the Bullet work. First I added about 1/2 cup but it wasn't enough. I had to stop it and add a bit more.
The over ripe banana gave it the right amount of sweetness, since I'm on the #Whole30 I can't use any sweetener. You could use pitted dates for sweetness too, I just didn't have any in the house this time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment