Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Veggie and Bacon soup- #Whole30 #Paleo

It was a cold day and I felt like having soup. I put this together with what I just happened to have in the fridge and it did not take long to cook.

Ingredients
Yellow squash
Baby Bella mushrooms
Radishes
Butternut squash
Avocado
Carrots 

Directions
Put some grape seed oil in a large pot. You can use whatever you have on hand: olive oil, coconut oil, etc.
Add everything except for avocado and yellow squash. Stir.
While those veggies cook a bit go find some protein and chop it up. I used Bacon, feel free to use chicken, turkey, steak, etc.
I added the uncooked chopped bacon to the veggies an let it cook a little bit more. 
Add your spices. I happen to have Badia brand Cuban Mojo marinade, so I added some of that.
Dump in the avocado and yellow squash, stir and add water.
Simmer covered till everything is nice and tender. 
Add salt to taste.




Voila! Enjoy a nice hot bowl of soup! 





No comments:

Post a Comment