Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Intermittent Fasting

I'm doing intermittent fasting twice a week now.
While reading up on it I came across this very well though out article by Steve Kamb of Nerd Fitness and decided to share it here in case any of you are curious about it.
It explains the process better than I ever could. It is a A Beginners Guide to Intermittent Fasting.
There are different ways of going about it, pretty much whatever works for you. Whether is  a 16 hr fast twice a week or a 24 hr fast. 
For me personally the 16 hr + fast twice a week works best, as I eat my last big meal of the day at 4 p.m. then I'm off to On-Ramp to Crossfit Bootcamp  2 hours later.  After that my body is in fat burning mode till the next day.  I don't think about eating when I'm asleep, so it's a win win :-)
 During the fast period I just drink  black coffee or tea and H2O of course.
So read up and enjoy!

Have a happy healthy crunchy green day!



No comments:

Post a Comment