Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Whole30 Program- Week 4

Week #4 on the #Whole30 program is over.  I lost a total of 13 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm starting my second Whole 30 since I feel so good. My energy levels have improved so much that I just can't imagine going  back to feeling chronically exhausted.
Another plus has been the improvement to my skin. I have battled with Cystic Acne my whole life.  I have tried many many treatments and nothing has worked till now. On my forth week of Whole 30 I have not had any new breakouts which is awesome for me.  
 
I will continue to post daily recipes on my Facebook Page.  As well as the weekly blogpost with  the compilation of all the recipes for the week. 





Here's the compilation of Week 4 meals.  You will notice that most of them are quick easy meals, prepared with whatever I happened to have on hand. I don't have time to do elaborate meals since my two little ones keep me very busy. Most of the time while I'm trying to cook I have a little munchkin attached to one leg while the other is trying to get to the dog food or into some sort of trouble. So you get the gist! :-) 

 Chopped up chicken, peppers, broccoli, eggs scramble with a sweet potato for lunch.
I simply nuked the sweet potato 6 mins in the microwave with a little bit of water for steam.


I had to make do with what I had on hand so I came up with this.
Cabbage, cauliflower, tuna, evoo, garlic, pepper, evoo enfused with garlic and basil. Sautéed till done.

Hamburger patty, sweet potato and green beans for dinner. Made enough for tomorrow's lunch too.


Cabbage leaves, leftover hamburger patty cut up, red pepper, pickles, mustard, apples.

Instead of an egg scramble or a frittata, I opted for hard boiled eggs for breakfast. I made a chunky sauce to pour on top of the eggs : a large tomato (chopped) with a teaspoon of garlic, a dash of Italian seasonings and red pepper. Simmer and pour over eggs.

I bought a rotisserie chicken for the dogs. After I pulled all the meat off the carcass for the pooches, I tossed the bones in a stock pot and added carrots, semi ripe plantain, a sweet potato, garlic and fresh ginger root. The garlic and fresh ginger gave it a nice punch. It was Delish and have plenty left over.
Lunch: Scrambled an egg and added meat sauce to it, served on a bed of baby spinach, drizzled with evoo infused with basil and garlic, added a little bit of vinegar, salt and pepper.

Leftover meat sauce over baby spinach, fried plantain, beets.

Enjoy!
Till next time,
Have a happy healthy crunchy green day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment