Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hummus Recipe

This is how I make my hummus. I'm sure there are other ways of making it if you google it.

2 cups chick peas aka garbanzo beans (i buy them canned and simply rinse them)
1 teaspoon of minced garlic (If you want to use fresh garlic cloves you would peel and crush 2 garlic cloves.)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons of tahini, which is ground sesame seeds (you can leave this out if you are not a fan of tahini, I have made it with and without tahini)
add about 4 tablespoons of water and put it in the blender/food processor..
At this point i add squirts of garlic and rosemary infused extra virgin olive oil till it reaches a consistency that I like. I also sometimes squirt a bit lemon juice in there while its in the blender. Its a matter of taste.
It will taste much better once its had a chance to sit in the fridge :-)

Have a happy crunchy green healthy day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment