Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Chicken stock soup

Here's a quick soup I made today with chicken stock and some veggies on hand.



My options were limited. My 3 year old is sick with some sort of stomach/gut bug and has not eaten since Monday afternoon, it is now Wednesday afternoon. I haven't had the chance to go to the store and did not have any bones in the fridge, I did find some dehydrated chicken broth powder so I made the broth with that.
 No precise measurements, I eyeballed the amount of chicken broth powder into the pot of water till it tasted good to me. I also added the following:
3 diced carrots
1 diced mushroom
1/8 diced green pepper
Teaspoon or so of chopped garlic
Couple dashes of : turmeric, cumin and curry.
Boiled till carrots were almost tender enough then added 1 stalk diced celery.
I scooped about a cup or so of the cooked veggies and put that in the bullet, added a handful of Chia seeds and broth, processed till smooth and added that to the pot 'o soup. It made the broth more substantial to me. 
After that I added 3 handfuls of small egg noodles  because my lil munchkin likes those.
Success, she ate a small bowl of it. 
* Note: For Whole30 and Paleo compliance just omit the noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment