Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Using Ikea "burp" cloths as Flat diapers

I have been wanting to give the Ikea burp cloths a try as flat cloth diapers, so hubby picked up a pack of 2 for me. Here are my findings.

 
 
 

Nowhere on the package will it say that they're burp cloths. He found them at an end cap by the kids section. They're 27 1/2 by 27 1/2. The two in the package are one white and one print.  They're 100 % cotton.
This one had a cute print. I do not know if they make them in other prints though.
And now for the folding. Just fold it down to the size you need, use it as a prefold with or without snappi.








 You also fold both together or fold the white one and use it as an extra soaker pad.



 

 
I poured 4 ounces of water on top of the soaker and it absorbed it all, so far so good, I think it can handle another 4 ounces since it was not saturated after the first 4.



 This is how they look on the kids.
 On a VERY WIGGLY 1 year old :-) sloppy job folding but Hey I got it on her!  She's 20 lbs.


 Here it is on my 30 lb almost 3 year old.


 So there you have it. Ikea burp cloths used as Flat diapers.

Have a Crunchy Green Healthy day! :-)



6 comments:

  1. Using Ikea "burp" cloths as Flat diapers is a great tutorial. I just pleased to read about this. Really love it. Thanks!!!!
    Womens Jeans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it. Thank you for stopping by my blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Been using these for about a month and I love love them. I like them way better than prefolds because they are so trim and I can use a variety of folds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't they great! They're so versatile :-)
      I'm still using mine pad folded either as an add on for nightime or stuffed in pockets for daytime. Plus they dry quickly.

      Delete
  3. No, they don't come in any other prints... They do take dye beautifully, but I don't care since they're diapers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, no one is going to see them when they're pad folded or under a cover anyways :-)

      Delete